|Sorry for the sketch. :D|
Learning basic tricks on a skateboard can come a long way than having to master a single one without going through the “trick ladder” as I’d like to call it. These tricks are easy and achievable for beginners if he/she has the perseverance to do so. Even though these are basic, safety always needs to come first since we are not yet accustomed to riding a skateboard.
Here are some of the basics in skateboarding that you can learn easily and is fit for beginners:
- Ollie. The ollie is one of the most basic yet important skateboard tricks. Flips and some shoves or perhaps the combination of both depend on how much you have mastered this trick.
- Shove it or shuvit. Though not as essential as ollies, shuvits are important if you want to master big spins, shoves and varial flips whether frontside or backside.
- 180. 180 refers to the angle in which your skateboard turns. If you have mastered this trick, you can head over to 360. Just like shuvits, this trick also has a frontside and backside.
- Nollie and fakie. Though not really a trick nollie and fakey refers to the stance in which you are going to perform a certain trick. This increases the number of tricks that you have running in either regular, nollie or fakie.
- Manuals. Still considered as a trick, manuals are easy for beginners. All you need to do is run in 2 wheels whether lifting your nose or your tail. When you have mastered this trick, you can incorporate all sorts of tricks with it.
If you think that I have missed one or a couple of basic tricks, don’t hesitate to comment or get in touch with me. Everyone is welcome to share their feedback.
Thank you and see you next post!