For me, there's nothing wrong with them sponsoring the local skate scene but with the "emcee" repeating a long list of names of "sponsors" that don't even care about this event; it's just plain annoying. What makes it even worse is the hot weather that accompanied the summer season, it was just HOT. It would've been rewarding if we really did have a great time (aside from the free food). Here are some of the awful things that I have noticed:
- Most of the "organizers" hardly skate or did not step on the board their whole lives.
- The "sponsors" consists nothing but endless names of politicians.
- There was an "entrance fee" for 10.00 php, even if you are only going to watch (so much for the sponsors).
- The "emcee" was super annoying. She hardly knew what she was doing. I was guessing she was the organizer but I'd rather not think about that.
- They kept on saying that the registration fee was going to be donated to a said church that they are trying to build up. I have nothing against religion but please don't rub it in our faces.
- It was super-to-the-highest-level-badly-organized skate event. It's like they didn't even put some thought on the schedule.
- Here's the worse part, I heard rumors that the organizer/emcee insisted on 200 php registration even when the poster said 150 php, now what would you say about that?
Good thing there was free food in all the mayhem that ensued. We were greatly welcomed and we appreciate that but come on, next time, please don't get us involved if you run for politics or trying to win our vote.
I had a great time but please, please never do this again.